Need a Quotation !
SELF SEAL® FIRESTOP SELF SEAL® GG-200 GUN-GRADE
Protects Your Wall and Floor Openings "Tested at positive pressure to simulate the pressure differentials that can occur in a fire situation"
SELF SEAL® GG-200 is a single-component, low modulus, nonslumping silicone firestop sealant designed for Wall or Floor applications. It forms a pressure tight seal resistant to water, smoke
and toxic gases, see SELF SEAL UL and cUL firestop systems for W (Watertightness) and L (Air Leakage) Ratings. The sealant is also resistant to cracking, ultraviolet radiation and ozone.
FEATURES AND TYPICAL USES:
SELF SEAL® GG-200 seals service penetrations and expansion joints in fire and smoke rated wall or floor separations. See ARCHITECTURAL, MECHANICAL and ELECTRICAL APPLICATION CHARTS for details. Basic uses include firestopping:
- Aluminum, pre-cast concrete and most exterior wall systems.
- Gypsum wallboard and wood floor - ceiling assemblies.
- Thermally expanding pipes that are insulated at fire separations.
- Power / communication cables and aluminum / galvanized steelcable trays.
- Static / non-static pipes and conduits.
- Steel, Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) sleeving or cored concrete openings.
• All substrates must be clean and sound; free of oil, frost, grease, dust, and other foreign materials.
• For WALLS, pack voids with SELF SEAL® MW-300 mineral wool or a backing material where applicable. Recess wool or backing material from each side of the wall as required to accomodate the specified thickness of SELF SEAL® GG-200 and then fill the cavity with the sealant. See APPLICATION GUIDELINES for further details.
• For FLOORS, pack voids with SELF SEAL® MW-300 mineral wool or backing material where applicable. Recess wool or backing material from top surface of floor as required to accomodate the specified thickness of SELF SEAL® GG-200 and then fill the cavity with the sealant. See APPLICATION GUIDELINES for further details.
SELF SEAL® GG-200 is only recommended for use in firestop systems that are listed in either the UL Fire Resistance Directory Vol. 2, the UL Directory of Products Certified for Canada, the ULC List of Equipment and Materials - Firestop Systems and Components, the Warnock Hersey Directory of Listed Products, or the Factory Mutual Research Approval Guide.
Normally SELF SEAL® GG-200 does not require priming for most common building materials. A trial application is recommended before commencement of a project.
Shelf-life is 12 months from date of shipment from our plant when stored in clean, dry area with temperature between 50OF to 77OF (10OC to 25OC).
These values are not intended for use in preparing specifications. Spec Writers, please contact NUCO Inc.
before writing specifications if any further information is required.
Type: one part silicone sealant
Cure Method: neutral, moisture cure
Specific Gravity: 1.33
Working Time: 10 - 40 minutes
Application Temperature Range: -20°F to 122°F (-29°C to 50°C)
Full Cure/Adhesion: 14 - 21 days
100% Modulus (ASTM D412): 45 psi (0.310 MPa)
Elongation at Break (ASTM D412): 600%
Tear Strength (ASTM D624, die ‘C’): 35 ppi (6.13 kN/m)
Hardness (ASTM D2240, Shore A): 20 - 25
Dielectric Strength (ASTM D149): 479 V/mil (19.0 kV/mm)
UPITT Combustion Toxicity (LC50): 33 grams
Service Temperature Range (ASTM C1299): -60°F to 300°F (-51°C to 149°C)
Surface Burning Characteristics (ASTM E-84): Flame Spread Index - 3
Smoke Developed - 22
Fire Tests (UL 1479, UL2079, ASTM E-814, UBC 7-5, and 1, 2, 3, and 4 hrs
The information and data contained herein is BASED ON INFORMATION WE BELIEVE TO BE RELIABLE. Please
read all statements, recommendations or suggestions herein in conjunction with our CONDITIONS of SALE
which apply to all goods supplied by us. We assume no responsibility for the use of these statements,
recommendations or suggestions, nor do we intend them as recommendation for any use which would
infringe any patent or copyright.
Self Seal Products
© Copyright 2012 All rights reserved www.globalfirestopservices.com
Designed and Maintained by: John Smillie/Lasting Impressions