Need a Quotation !
SELF SEAL® GG-266 INTUMESCENT CAULK
Your Wall and Floor Openings "Tested at positive pressure to simulate the pressure differentials that
can occur in a fire situation"
SELF SEAL® GG-266 is a single-component, neutral cure, nonslumping intumescent silicone caulk that is designed to seal combustible service penetrations in fire-rated walls and floors. When
exposed to temperatures in excess of 300OF (150OC) it will begin to expand. As the combustible penetrating item softens and collapses under fire conditions, the silicone composition will rapidly intumesce to fill the void with a patented char composite that contains expanded graphite.
SELF SEAL® GG-266 is ideally suited for “caulk & walk” type applications, particularly where firestop collar systems cannot be accomodated. For up to 2 inch (51 mm) trade size diameter solid or
cellular core Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), solid or cellular core Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), and Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (CPVC) pipe penetrations only a minimum 5/16 inch (8 mm) annular space, i.e., a maximum 3 inch (76 mm) cored opening, is needed. Solid core PVC vented and CPVC sprinkler pipe penetrations firestopped with SELF SEAL® GG-266 meet the Canadian building code test requirement for a pressure differential of 50 Pa between the exposed and unexpsed sides of concrete, drywall and wood floor-ceiling fire-rated assemblies. SELF SEAL® GG-266 is also suitable for AB /
PVC flexible foam insulated copper pipe, PEX process and supply tubing penetrations, and metallic and insulated pipe penetrations.
The cured silicone rubber composition exhibits excellent performance stability and provides a pressure tight seal resistant to water, smoke and toxic gases, see SELF SEAL UL and cUL firestop systems for W (Watertightness) and L (Air Leakage) Ratings. SELF SEAL® GG-266 is also in compliance with the 3rd edition of ANSI / UL1479 “Fire Tests of Through-Penetration Firestops”, to be effective May 23, 2006, for the following environmental exposure tests: Accelerated Aging; High Humidity; Industrial Atmosphere (SO2 and CO2) and Combination Wet, Freeze and Dry Cycling.
FEATURES AND TYPICAL USES:
SELF SEAL® GG-266 seals combustible service penetrations that pass through fire and smoke rated wall and floor separations.
• All substrates must be clean and sound; free of oil, frost, grease, dust, and other foreign materials.
• Recess backing material from the surface of the wall or floor to accomodate the specified thickness of SELF SEAL® GG-266 and then fill the annular space with the caulk. See APPLICATION GUIDELINES for further details. SELF SEAL® GG-266 is only recommended for use in firestop systems that are listed in either the UL Fire Resistance Directory Vol. 2, the UL Directory of Products Certified for Canada, the ULC List of Equipment and Materials - Firestop Systems and Components, or the Warnock Hersey Directory of Listed Products.
Type: one part silicone sealant
Cure Method: neutral, moisture cure
Specific Gravity: 1.25
Working Time: 20 - 40 minutes
Application Temperature Range: -20OF to 122OF (-29OC to 50OC)
Free Expansion Volume: > 6 times original volume when heated at 662OF (350OC)
Service Temperature Range: 14OF to 230OF (-10OC to 110OC)
Surface Burning Characteristics (ASTM E-84): Flame Spread Index – 0
Smoke Developed - 27
*THESE VALUES ARE FOR GENERAL INFORMATION AND NOT FOR SPECIFICATION PURPOSES
Normally SELF SEAL® GG-266 does not require priming for most common building materials. A trial application is recommended before commencement of a project.
Shelf-life is 12 months from date of shipment from our plant when stored in clean, dry area with temperature between 50OF to 77OF (10OC to 25OC).
The company warrants that each quantity of SELF SEAL® GG-266 product delivered will be of the kind designated or specified by it and no other warranty (except of title) is implied.
• 10.1 fluid ounce (300 ml) cartridges (12 cartridges to a case)
• 20.0 fluid ounce (591.4 ml) sausages (12 sausages to a case)
• 2.6 gallon (10 liter) pails
• Available in red.
• Use in well ventilated areas and avoid breathing vapors.
• On contact, uncured sealant irritates eyes. Flush eyes with lukewarm water. Call physician.
• Avoid skin contact and do not ingest.
• Consult Material Safety Data Sheet.
SELF SEAL® GG-266 meets ASTM E-814, ANSI / UL1479, UBC 7-5 and ULC-S115.
Self Seal Products
© Copyright 2012 All rights reserved www.globalfirestopservices.com
Designed and Maintained by: John Smillie/Lasting Impressions